Alberta Soccer Association (ASA) require all players, volunteer coaches/assistant coaches and on-field volunteers to complete a covid waiver and a covid declaration of compliance to be eligible to practice soccer/be present on the field with Canmore Minor Soccer Club this Spring. Those of you who played with CMSC last summer do not need to complete these.
Who needs to complete and what to complete?
- Players under the age of 13 – Youth COVID Waiver and Declaration of Compliance completed and signed by the player’s parent or guardian.
- Players aged 13 to 17 – Youth COVID Waiver and Declaration of Compliance completed and signed by both the player’s parent or guardian and the player.
- Players aged 18 and up – Adult COVID Waiver and Declaration of Compliance completed and signed by the player
- Coaches aged 18 and up – Adult COVID Waiver and Declaration of Compliance completed and signed by the coach
- Volunteers aged 18 and up – Adult COVID Waiver and Declaration of Compliance completed and signed by the volunteer if they are involved with on-field delivery of sport. eg if you have volunteered to help with equipment.
These documents are individually checked by ASA to ensure they have been completed correctly. Please read the instructions below carefully :
– 1 person per waiver (each individual needs to have a waiver, no family waivers).
– each section identified in the waiver that needs to be acknowledged is done so with a checkmark or an initial in the box provided
– the player’s name is input at the top of the youth waiver (some parents put their name, the individual on the waiver is the player)
– the player’s birthdate is included on the waiver (some left this incomplete or input the signing date in this space, please check this closely to ensure it matches the birthdate provided in your registration).
– if the player is between the age of 13 and 17 that they have signed the waiver along with their parent or guardian.
– if the player is under the age of 18, their parent or guardian has signed the waiver.
To make life easier we have provided the waivers and declaration of compliance on google forms so that they can all be completed online. The links are below and they are also on our website. Actual signatures are not required – typed names are satisfactory.
Please read the attached ASA Return To Train Guidelines and then complete the appropriate waivers/declarations ASAP, it only takes a few minutes. The deadline for completion is Wednesday 21 April. Remember that players are not eligible to practice until we receive these documents.